DaRK PaRTY ReVIEW
::Literate Blather::
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Poem: A Businessman on an Airplane

The girl I loved first had
yellow hair, a funny nose, and
unbridled optimism.
She danced to the Doors, and
her father once
caught me with my hands
under her shirt,
Saturday Night Live on his TV.

I made her cry when
college came.

The second girl I kissed
at a bonfire,
fireworks filling the night.
Her eyes.
My temper and tequila
and frat parties
killed what we had

She left my heart in a ditch,
wanting to die.

The third one almost
got away
with my brother’s best friend.
But I fought.
When her lips touched mine,
my heart healed.
I married her by the ocean,
in a cold drizzle.

When we quarrel,
I wish for the other two.

Stumble Upon Toolbar StumbleUpon | Digg! Digg | del.icio.us | Reddit | Technorati Technorati | E-mail a Link E-mail
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
The Template is generated via PsycHo and is Licensed.